Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Crab Session



I love to eat. I love to eat crabs. Crabs with coconut milk is one of my favorite dishes and id go gaga over it when served. My friend Willa first introduced me to this recipe during our college of law days. it has become my favorite since then. she would always cook for me everytime i missed it. so we called it crab session. She even gave the recipe but unfortunately lost it and haven't tried cooking it till now. Thank goodness, here comes Joy who knows the recipe too. so i would be able to learn the recipe now without bothering Willa who is in Dubai now suffering from love problem with a guy she met few years ago. i have no passion for cooking but i'm trying hard to learn it in the name of crabs, lol! My mom would abstain from eating it for health reasons. But don't you know that according to a health writer Katie Chevaux there are 5 health benefits of crabs, to wit:

1. Heart Health Problems - Fish and seafoods (Crabs) are rich in heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and eating fish and seafoods are linked to lower rates of heart disease.
2. Contaminants A Concern - King crab legs are listed as low in contaminants and safe to eat more than 4 times per month.
3. Antioxidant Support- Crabs are rich in a nutrients that plays an important role in protecting our bodies from oxidative damage. that nutrient is called selenium.
4. Natural Sodium - Crab is one of the few foods that are high in sodium in their natural state.
5. Basic Nutrition Points - crabs have healthy levels of protein and many vitamins and minerals.Source:www.livestrong.com/article

So no worries! Just eat in moderation, ayt! =)

Hugs and Kisses!

3 comments:

  1. I've never eaten crabs. I'll have to try them sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah try it sometime.it's delicious =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. super high kc ung cholesterol level, basta wag lang kainin ung taba ng crab, it's fine..visiting back, hope you can also visit my daughter's sites :) thanks!

    Travel Sites and Scenes
    Momma Helps
    A Positive Standpoint
    Vanity Speaks

    ReplyDelete