Friday, March 30, 2012

The Lawyer I Aspire To Be

Studying law was the last thing on my mind when I graduated from college, despite the fact that the legal profession is the most prestigious and glamorous profession in the Philippines. I must admit that I have negative notions regarding lawyers. The way I perceive them it seems to me that the prestige of being a lawyer comes with a great responsibility to the point that other lawyers overlook upon, which then resulted to fraud. Until my father convinced me to take up law, he gave me the inspiration to be different and be of service to our people by not doing fraudulent acts. I decided to enroll at Notre Dame University College of Law in year 2000 just to satisfy my father's desire to have a lawyer in the family. Eventually, I started to love the legal profession and be responsible in every acts I do.

Being a law student was never been an easy task for me. This simply means days of hardships and sacrifices, but since I begin to appreciate legal profession, little by little, it became a big challenge for me. I learn to breathe and live a life of an aspiring lawyer. It is indeed striking to think how I could contribute things for a good cause to our legal profession, it became more challenging each day I learn more about it. As idealistic as I am, I believe that I could be a positive contributor in this profession by providing quality, ethical, accessible and cost-effective legal service to my fellow men. By serving justice to them especially to those who does not believe in the justice system of our country. I would like to correct and gain public trust by being a model to the younger aspirants and be a challenge to those who are in the legal profession. Though it is inevitable nowadays that some lawyers are doing unethical services which instead giving honor to our profession, causes disgrace to other lawyers and future lawyers. Through us, the new breed of lawyers (Godwilling), I aspire to be the principled and noble lawyer that I could be, inshaallah

Hugs and Kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment