Monday, February 21, 2011

Ghost from my Past


The best part of being in love is when you love a person and be happy about it, even if that person can never be yours, even if you know that it can not last forever! That is the true essence of love. It is not about winning someone. It is not about owning a relationship. It is just about being happy because you know you have loved someone. It is about being guiltless because you know you did not take away someone from anybody. You just love and love unselfishly..

I do not like the things I am seeing. I do not like the things I am thinking. I always keep thinking the man of my dream, a ghost from my past. I still  wonder why things did not last. Some good things never last, as we say. I can not help but wonder. Now he has found a new love, i know. But I never imagined it would hurt this much. He once looked at me the way he is looking at her now. What a lucky girl. But somehow I also feel lucky that I let him go because the thing we once had was filled with fury and jealousy. The relationship was no longer healthy so I felt the need to get out of it as fast as I could and felt the need to breathe. Leaving him was somehow justified. I never stopped loving him, though. But I learned how to live without him.

I just want to love myself more and be happy being single, for now, because I know someday someone will walk into my life and make me realize why it never worked out with the person I thought I would end up with. He might just be around the corner.

No more worries. This too shall pass! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment