Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Smell of Singapore

It was in December 2010 when I first landed the foreign land. Luckily, it was Singapore. This trip was scheduled the day after my induction as 2011 JCI Cotabato President. I thought to myself this is the best time to travel. I wanted to chill and relax before I face this huge task entrusted to me and before I put myself to the test in leadership. The trip to Singapore was simply amazing. I was with my travel buddy, Willa who worked in Dubai and was then having a vacation in the Philippines after 5 years of working abroad. We planned to meet halfway at the NAIA. She, coming from Dubai and me, from Cotabato City. I was very excited and eager. A blissful experience indeed. We went to different places like the famous Sentosa Island, Butterfly Park, Jurong Bird Park, Tibetan Temple, Orchard Road, Universal Studio and a lot more.  And of course, we went to Clark Quay, a popular landmark in Singapore. We did not miss it for the world! We painted the town red. It was my dream to travel round the globe. I never thought I will have this opportunity to smell the air of Singapore. Thanks to Willa who initiated it. I used to travel a lot. But only within Philippine jurisdiction. I have been to some part of Philippines in Luzon, Visayas, and my territory the land of Mindanao. 

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to meet you in Japan and South Korea by March 2012 but I guess it's not feasible with your busy schedule... Well, I'll see in Taiwan then by November 2012...:)Willa

    ReplyDelete