Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Inaugural Speech as 2011 JCI Cotabato President

Bismillah Rahmaniraheem. Assalamu Alamu Alaikum warahmatullahi wal barakatuhu.

Warmest welcome and Salam to National Executive Vice President of JCI-Philippines, JCI Senator Randolf Ivan Ruste; Area Vice President of Area V, JCI-Philippines, JCI Member Norrianne Lou S. Frondoza; 1974 LO President JCI Senator Ed Rabago; 1998 National Vice President, JCI Member Ricardo Juliano; Atty. Abubakar Katambak, Cotabato City 1st Councilor Hon. Datu Graham Nazer G. Dumama; 2010 Chapter President JCI Member Ma. Lourdes Romelli D. Juliano; JCI Cotabato Past Presidents, Visiting Chapters from JCI Gen. San Twinstar, JCI Greater Pagadian, JCI Durian and JCI Makilala Whitegold, fellow JCI members, esteemed guests. LADIES and GENTLEMEN, GOOD EVENING!

My heartfelt gratitude to Allah (subhannwataallah) for this event and opportunity, to my beloved parents-for providing me with more than enough love and guidance, to my friends-for the the happy-functional relationship, and to the past presidents (mington, ricky, lando, donjie, paul, malot and gurlie) for the inspirations.

It was in 2007 when I asked immediate past president Malot Juliano if I can possibly join the JCI. She answered with a smile "of course, you can!" I practically invited myself in. I thought then, I have to see other people, meet new friends and maybe change some old boring routine. I wanted to be in a new group, and found myself being accepted by, not a group but, a FAMILY. A family of colorful, spirited, and service-oriented people. I became a "family" member, and this family even entrusted me various key positions. I was appointed Assistant Secretary in 2008 by then president Paul Fulgar, Executive Vice President in 2009 under the leadership of then president Gurlie Frondoza and Treasurer in 2010. They made me realize that I can try seize opportunities, that I can share in the privileges,and see how wide my horizon could be. They did well to my confidence and self-esteem. I am blessed to be in this group where support is over-whelming, kahit na minsan pinapaiyak nyo ako."

With pride and honor, I am grateful to accept this yet another task entrusted to me-being the 2011 local organization president and privileged to be their first female muslim president. With this, I aim to be the best that I can be, I am determined to bring in new members to the organization, create new awareness of the organization's existence to the community, I intend to have more activities and priority projects and ensure that each member is getting a lot of opportunities to help them develop themselves. I hope that you find it in your heart to join me as we collaborate in meeting these challenges. For without your support, this cannot be possible. I hope too, with the help of the Almighty, my fellow members, I can give what I am expected to deliver. I only have one year to lead. Since I am not in a relationship right now, beginning tonight I am married to JCI Cotabato for one year! I will do my best I can. But I can only achieve these goals with your help.

At the end of the day, we can only be better if we work together.

Again, thank you for entrusting this 42 kilos, 5 feet something frame with this big tasks! Mabuhay tayong lahat!

 

3 comments:

  1. Congrats for the new post :) From what I've read, talagang kayang kaya mo naman ang post with that experience.

    Again congrats!

    ReplyDelete